You as a Contemporary Teacher

 

You as a contemporary teacher?

To what extent is it reasonable to conclude that if you are not experiencing positive or negative emotions about the materials and activities in any learning experience, that you are potentially disinterested or not motivated? DIscuss in relation to your first emotional response to the nature of this unit.
My first reactions to this unit have been slightly overwhelming as is usually the case in the early weeks of each semester. Having completed the weekly learning material however, I feel a sense of excitement and curiosity.

Elaborate on your emotions on engaging further with this unit? Positive, negative. Indifferent?
I believe the feelings of excitement and curiosity will be a positive influence throughout this semester. The challenge to develop my digital pedagogy and use this to complement a range of teaching strategies will be useful in future years.

To what extent do you have the commitment to actively interrogate your emotions, and your beliefs about creative pedagogy (that extends beyond the mere delivery of information to your learners)? How might you be challenged to engage as you enter this unit?
As a carpenter I've found I am very much a visual and hands on learner. With this in mind in conjunction with the diversity in schools nowadays, being adaptable, creative and providing different pedagogical approaches will be paramount to student success. Developing a repertoire of digital pedagogies is an enticing challenge.

Identify your present values and beliefs about ICT in the classroom. Keep it brief and focused.
Having being introduced to ICT's from a young age and witnessing the benefit they can have I'm a huge believer of integrating them within the classroom. With such a diverse range of learners in today's society with differing learning styles, I feel ICT's are great way to cater for differentiation and promote collaboration between learners.

Your approach to teaching and learning
In my limited opportunity as an educator, I have found getting to know students is a key piece in improved educational outcomes. Having a solid repour with students sets a foundation for learning to take place and provides a safe, supportive and inclusive learning environment.

Identify any challenges to your current values and beliefs as you enter this unit?
Being a carpenter I don't engage with any school-relevant ICT's in my daily life. Familiarising and educating myself of the latest technologies will take extra time and effort but will be very beneficial in the long run.

What experience do you have with ICT in the classroom?
Apart from my own personal schooling experience, as an educator my experience with ICT in a classroom would stem purely from my placement in first year. During this limited time in an ITD workshop, the use of ICT's was minimal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection - Blogs

Digital Media